Thursday, August 18, 2005

and it just gets better - Tetanus shot!

So, my day isn't getting any better than it ended yesterday. After my Mom informed me no less than 10 times that I should get a tetanus shot from the goat incident, I called the doctor this am. They told me to come by after 2 PM. After a road trip to Fort Worth got cancelled (was supposed to take my broken computer at work to get fixed, but now help is coming here to fix it - we'll see!) I went to work anyway with the boys in tow to check messages, etc. Upon heading into the "big" room as I call it, I couldn't figure out why I saw small food moving across the floor. But then the "aha" hit me - it was ANTS! So, we have a major ant problem at work, and nothing to spray them with. Then I went to lunch with Cassie (which was a wonderful reprival - thanks Cassie) and my wonderful niece kept my kids for an hour (thanks Sam!). Cassie had to leave to go to the doctor, which was coincidental since I had to go get a tetnus shot. When I arrive at the doctor, they tell me it will be just a few minutes for a nurse to call me. FORTY minutes later (yes, I'm stupid for waiting THAT long) I see Cassie stroll out of the doctor's office. First, she tells me she didn't wait more than 5 minutes in the lounge, then she says something about getting xrays. So, I ask (knowing in my heart the answer) what for? Of course, it is for the CCC canoeing trip we took a few weeks back when she had a huge fall out of her canoe that led her to being nearly lame in one leg. Well, she is still having problems with it, and had to get Xrays! I feel so badly that her incident happened on a CCC sponsored trip! The doc said she hasn't broken anything, she just has a lot of blood pockets built up and some calcium that has collected on the injured bone. Nice! I feel like pond scum. Finally, I go up to the desk to see what is taking so long. Well, seems the receptionist who checked me in put my file in my doctor's box - which would be fine except that my doctor is out today and my file would have sat there until tomorrow when my doctor comes in had I not said anything! Of course by now my kids are running around the waiting room screaming like wild banshies who have never been taught the fine mannerisms of how to behave in public. They finally call me back, I get my shot, and I take my worn out, nap way overdue kids home (but not before picking up Dail's drycleaning and the eggs necessary for our quiche tonight). What a day!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather stick with the goat! I'll wash blood off your face any day then watch you be so miserable on a crappy day set forth from the cosmos. Seriously... I'm sorry your day didn't get any better! Maybe today will be spectacular and you will win the lottery or something... :-) Love ya! R