Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Deja vu?
This post is, in part, due to my husband's blog today...which if you haven't read, you should (There is a link to his blog at the side of my page in case you don't know his blog address). I think his misfortune on the bike sealed the fate of my ride with Ronnie yesterday. We went out early Sunday morning for what was shaping up to be a very good ride. We were making good time, avoiding all dogs, and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. After we passed the prison, I heard a noise. Now, there are 3 noises you DO NOT want to hear while biking...loud, close barking; loud, close honking; or the sound of air rushing out of a tire. (or I guess in the case of being near the prison, you might not want to hear gunshots or someone running quickly behind you, but I digress...) The whoosh of air was the sound that hit Ronnie and me. I had a nice little blow out. To make matters worse, I had the wrong kind of tube in my pack, so it took us 40 minutes and 2 Co2 cartridges to get me back on the road. While Dail called me after his flat yesterday, I DID NOT want to call him, because if Ronnie and I called him, that would admit failure to change a flat...a failure we didn't want to own up to. But, we did manage to make everything work (thank you Ronnie!) and then found our legs were not very happy to get back on a bike. Both of us had tired legs that had to take us home, all the way into the wind. At least my wonderful husband made me a tastey latte when I got home, which made it all seem not so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
tonight we will not have the problems of the other day and we will ride 40 plus miles... up for it?! how bout 50?
Post a Comment